Thursday, January 12, 2006

White Christmas on black road

This blog is so last year but i promised my biggest fan (myself) that i would write this, so here it goes. Its about my somewhat epic journey across USA during the last week of my four week vacation whose better part was spent watching every conceivable series on network television. It started with my flight from Dallas metroplex to New york city just in time for the transit union strike. Well i am not complaining cos i saw new york for the nth time but it was the first time i saw it downtown to uptown during its prettiest season by walking. After I was tired of walking thru the streets of manhattan I hitched a ride in my friends car & drove all the way to california ! It took us about 7 days with a zillion detours covering 14 states and close to 3750 miles. Driving in winter is an experience and the saying worst always brings out the best is very true. Though we always missed really bad weather by a day all the way till california, it was great to see snow, rain,sleet, wind, cold & bright sun. Another truely amazing fact being a veggie myself I had fresh home cooked, indian food for almost 2000 miles thanks to all my long lost friends & relatives who lived on the route. Some of things we did include walking on frozen colorado river, driving thru passes @ 11,200ft, listening to jazz music in a prairie state, skiing on a snow covered peak in a desert state and bungee jumping of a bridge in nite. Finally my journey ended with a flight on Jan 1st back to dallas after spending new years eve on piers of San francisco. For more details on day to day breakdown you can visit my co-driver's blog. Here are some low resolution photos of the road trip. I would like thank following people who helped us with wonderful food and accommodation... Mr & Mrs Hiremath of New Jersey, Dr & Mrs Murthy of Pennsylvania, Mr & Mrs bhattacharya of Illinois, Mr & Mrs Gowda of Michigan, Mr & Mrs pathak of wisconsin, Mr,Mrs & master Raju of nebraska, Ms Seetharamaiah of Colorado, Mr & Mrs Ramamurthy and Mr Muthur of California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home